Solutions & Case Studies
North Slope Oil Fields - Coil Tubing Unit
Industry: Oil & Gas
Situation: The extreme cold weather conditions in the North Slope Oil Fields of Alaska make for a uniquely demanding operational environment. For rigs to perform well in the area requires advanced engineering techniques and temperature specific material selection. When a large oil drilling company needed a Coil Tubing Unit for one of their Service Rigs there, they contacted DynaIndustrial to deliver results.
- To design and manufacture a Coil Tubing Unit for servicing oil wells in the extreme cold of arctic winter.
- To integrate the unit within the toolset of the Service Rig
- To source a large enough batch of rare, low temperature steel that meets WT standards.
Solution: DynaIndustrial engineers determined the material requirements and rigorously tested steel runs from many suppliers until they found a 46,000 lbs./90ft. batch with the correct structural integrity to perform in the arctic. With the material obtained and design completed, DynaIndustrial manufactured the Coil Tubing Unit to precise specifications, and delivered it ready to deploy.
- Arctic field tests were successful.
- The unit integrated perfectly into the service rig's existing toolset.
- DynaIndustrial's Coil Tubing Unit has successfully serviced oil
wells in the North Slope Oil Fields of Alaska since 2002.
Visit DynaIndustrial for more information.